Friday, April 18, 2008

Road Trip


I'm taking off with three of the kids (oldest DD is away at college) to the vicinity of South Bend, Indiana to visit my parents.  Hopefully my brother and his family will be able to find time to visit with us, also.  It's a 6 1/2 hour trip so the kids are getting out at noon.  My oldest son loves anything to do with Notre Dame so I'm sure we'll have to check out the campus, AGAIN!

Here is the quilt I made a couple years ago for my parents' 50th anniversary.  There are 50 leaves and a heart for each child and grandchild.  I even hand quilted it.  It hangs in their living room by my mother's grand piano.  It's shown here hanging from a broomstick on the window of a cabin we had rented for a family reunion.  Classy, right?!!

Back to the grind Sunday evening.  I hope to finish the prom dress when we get back so I can start the next clue of the Orange Crush quilt.

Piecefully, 
Jenni

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a lovely idea, I bet your parents were really touched by the special quilt. I'll be pinching your idea for my in-law's 60th wedding anniversary coming up in a couple of years.