Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I won!

I won something! A few months ago I dutifully filled out a questionnaire for Fiskars and I was notified by a very nice representative through an email that I won a $50 gift card! Yahoo! FedEx delivered it today. I'm saving it for the NQA quilt show to buy more goodies!  I never win so this was a great surprise!  Fiskars rocks!


This is as close as I'm going to get to anything related to Orange Crush for a while. I was excited to find DIET Orange Crush! It doesn't taste too bad, either.  Clue 2 will have to wait for me until next week.   Sooooo tempting, though!



Procrastination update!  I finally MADE myself do a big free motion quilting practice square this afternoon.  I squiggled and wiggled and adjusted tension until I decided that maybe, just maybe I didn't stink so badly after all.  I got brave and quilted the center of the baby quilt.  I ran out of bobbin TWICE and also ran out of thread but had another color that was close enough.  It's scrappy, right?!  Here's my star squiggles so far.



Finally, something I've quilted doesn't look "wilted" on the back!  I think I may have solved some tension problems.  It's not perfect but it's a start.  I'm excited to get back to it after I feed my kids. 

DD isn't too happy with me because I called the Red Cross to arrange for her to take her final life guarding test AFTER she recovers from pneumonia. Some things just aren't worth it. To make her feel better I promised to start her friend's dress tonight.  I finally moving forward!  Well, everywhere BUT on the exercise front.  I didn't make the bike ride.  I need to get the quilt and dress going.  That little quilt is getting a lot more exercise than I am!

In pieces, Jenni

No comments: