Monday, May 5, 2008

First project on my new bernina!




I made this chunky page for a book that alteredmommy, a swapping friend from craftster is making. It's 4 x 4 and the theme is "Hope". The back, which I forgot to photograph, has an appliqued butterfly and says "Hope is the dream of a soul awake". I hope it makes it to Canada in time for her to use it!! Check out her relay for life page. She's using the pages she receives to make a book to raffle off.

I am still getting used to the new machine and wondering if I should have gotten the Viking with all the embroidery instead. I'm dying to find out when the classes are but they aren't posted yet.

I had a great time in Athens, Ohio for Mom's weekend on Friday and had several wonderful adopted daughters and sons!! Prom on Saturday was lovely. My daughter looked gorgeous and a great time was had by all. The mother of one of her friends put on a fabulous dinner for four couples, which was nice for all involved. Here she in coral with another friend in the red dress that I altered. Gorgeous girls!!


I'm off to practice some more on Bernie. Piece out! Jenni

1 comment:

Candace said...

Alteredmommy will love your page, I sure hope it gets there in time, it is beautiful. I hope that you love your Bernina, mine is 18 years old, and I still love it.
Speaking of beautiful, your daughter and her friend are gorgeous. My granddtr went to her Prom this Saturday, and she looked wonderful, but she had a black dress.