Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Once again I am way past due to update.

We had the best Thanksgiving EVER!  My kids got to see all of their aunts and uncles and first cousins and grandparents on both sides of the family.  We live in Ohio with one Grandma and aunt.  The rest of our family lives in Indiana, Michigan, Massachusetts, Florida, DC.  On thanksgiving day we had hubby's side of the family, plus our "adopted" friends that are like family at our house.  16 people for dinner and I loved every minute.  My kids were troopers and cleaned like fiends to help me get ready.  (Wish it still was clean but you can't have everything!).

Here's a pic of the family at my house.

The day after thanksgiving we packed all 6 of us in the car and drove to South Bend, Indiana to see my parents and brothers and their families.  It was WONDERFUL.  If, by any chance, anyone is reading this we love you all!!  Here's a pic of some of the cousins in a group hug

And one of me and one of my brothers.  I love it because it makes me look more "petite" if possible.  I'm 5'11" so I rarely look like anything but a giantess unless I'm with my family!

I really have been sewing.  This is something I made my SIL a few years ago that she had displayed at her house.  I found the pattern and enough fabric to make myself one when I cleaned my sewing room.  I need to get on that!
Chunky houses for craftster swap.  First up is the gnome one I made for knickertwist.
The back:
The front:
Here is the one I made for amaryllisroze.
This is actually the back:
The front:
The back of alteredmommy's house:
Bad scan of the front with a "five" for her "new" age:
The back of the little Christmas house I made of IllusionsOfNormal
ho ho ho!:
The front:
Sew, I have been sewing some but now it's time to get the holiday cards out, do laundry and get the decorating finished.  Oh yes, and wrap presents before the kids start peeking in the bags.  Maybe I should finally finish the stocking I started when I was pregnant with my youngest.  He's 12!

My wonderful hubby has already spoiled me by getting me an early present, a blackberry curve!  Probably got tired of all my "Craaaaackberry" comments when he is on his.  At least now I can check my email when the kids are home.  They have a knack for hogging both computers.

Peace and joy to all!  Jenni

No comments: