Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Be Merry!

So, since I get a bit nostalgic at Christmas time, here is the Christmas card photo of my kids from December 1999.

And here is this year's photo, nine years later.
I know it's a bit of a cliche' but SERIOUSLY, where did the time go?  When did I get old enough to be their mother!  Why did they have to quit humoring me that they believe in Santa?!!

On the quilty front, I made one small one as a gift that I forgot to take a picture of and have sent it the recipient.  I've started on a cute mini for my flickr partner, dearfii.  The theme is favorite things.  I've also VOWED that 2009 is the year of UFO finishing and destashing.  (Nevermind that I was shopping online for some cute new fabric I saw on another blog.  I closed it before I actually bought it).

I'm off to make some Christmas goodies.  I spent the day yesterday looking at recipes for Christmas eve and Christmas day and grocery shopping.  Apparently everyone else in town had the same bright idea. It took 3 1/2 hours to get everything and get it home.  That was AFTER I cleaned up the 12 pack of Diet Pepsi that exploded in the back of my car from the cold.  It was a mess, all over the windows, the ceiling, the carpet.  I got it up as best as I could.  I cried.  I think it is the holiday blues.  My best friend's dad had to go to the emergency room yesterday and it doesn't look too good for him right now.  That made me miss MY mom and dad, six hours away, even more.

Life is precious people!  Enjoy it to the fullest!  

Wishing you peace (and time to piece),
Jenni

No comments: